Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Sunday, January 12, 2014

sponge painted mittens




Hello friends.  I've taken a little break from the blog.  Thanks to those of you who emailed me to make sure all was well.  Our family had a great holiday break.  I did lots of knitting and relaxing.  I also spent some time cleaning up my craft room!
We had an extra 2 days off last week because of the bitter cold in Minnesota.  My little preschoolers were so happy to be back at school on Wednesday.  I think their parents were happy too! Our theme of the week was the Mitten.  Our first project was made with fabulous sponges from Lakeshore.  Find them here...
I have to rave about these sponges.  There is a great variety of shapes and textures.  While we were painting, the preschoolers would remark on the shape of the sponge they were painting with, and the color.  I love to see them learning while they are playing.


We also used glitter paints from Lakeshore... bright colors and glitter... how can you go wrong?




To finish the projects up, I matted them on colored cardstock, just to make the colors pop.  They are hung on a clothesline with clothespins in the hallway.  The sponges washed up beautifully.  I can't wait to use them again.


Are you watching the Golden Globes tonight?  It's award show season... big fun!  Come back Wednesday and see this cute felt version of the Mitten.





No comments:

Post a Comment