Home       About       Etsy Shop       Linking Up       Grab My Button       Contact Me

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Alphabet banner



Are you ready for back to school yet?  I made this little alphabet banner with preschool in mind, but it would be very cute on your mantel in honor of the first day of school.  
 To make it, I used these cute little banner booklets from JoAnn's.  They are a couple dollars and all the cutting is done for you.  I used some alphabet stickers and some paper scraps for mine.  


I added a decorative strip or 2 to each pennant, and an alphabet sticker.



Next, I strung red baker's twine through the holes in each pennant.  Easy!  I taped the twine down on the back so the pennants wouldn't slide together.




I also made an alphabet necklace in honor of back to school.  I strung some alphabet beads and some brightly colored beads to make a double wrap around necklace.  A perfect teacher necklace!



2 comments:

  1. darling!!!! are you starting to think about halloweeny stuff already?! I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been thinking about preschool... Although I am knitting a turquoise pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete